Bluetooth 5 Wideband Protocol Analyzer
Focused SODERA variants
It is here,
start to develop for
Look at other tabs too.
Anybody who seriously undertakes the development or testing of Bluetooth 5 LE devices is of the need to have a tool which displays the Bluetooth LE packets as they happen in the air. To see their content, timing, mutual relations, all relevant statistics. Frontline SODERA LE is exactly such an instrument, tailored on the distinctiveness of Bluetooth LE protocols. It builds up on Frontline's 16+ years experience in Bluetooth protocol analysis technologies and markets as well as on the continuous observance of and participation in Bluetooth SIG specifications development.
Even programmers of more complex or certified Bluetooth software, control systems, and other advanced applications make use of SODERA LE to check and oversee that their systems are well designed and safely confined within available communication resources under the conditions of larger systems, heavier external traffic or interferences.
SODERA LE is a wideband Bluetooth protocol analyzer capable of sniffing all Bluetooth low energy channels simultaneously. SODERA captures the traffic of all Bluetooth LE devices (nodes) within the range, regardless of the topology or the used protocols. It passes detected packets on to the Frontline software for intricate analysis and comprehensive review.
SODERA LE uses a software defined radio technology, which even gave it the name. The Bluetooth low energy specification is rapidly being updated with modifications that enable ever new "Internet of Things" (IoT) features for our connected world. The choice of SoDeRa technique provides the flexibility to keep up with specification changes and to protect your investment.
No matter what twists and curves the technology brings, developers using SODERA LE will be able to efficiently and effectively develop and troubleshoot their Bluetooth low energy enabled devices or software.
With SODERA LE you can speed through analysis, quickly. Built on the powerful Frontline software, used by engineers around the world to develop, to test and quickly troubleshoot their Bluetooth enabled devices. Use views like the Blueteooth Timeline, Message Sequence Chart, and Packet Error Rate Statistics (PERStat), and Frame Display to troubleshooting communications issues related to:
• Inter-frame Spacing
• Insufficient Throughput
• Packet Type Selection and Packet Size
• Power Consumption and Efficient Power Use
• Timing and Environment Issues
• Mesh Technology and IoT (Internet of Things)
• Bluetooth 5 Spec Support: new important Bluetooth 5 LE features like 2Mbps, advertising extensions, long range and other key updates
• SOftware DEfined RAdio architecture: means that SODERA LE is ready even for upcoming Bluetooth specifications; these are constantly evolving and changing; it protects your investment
• Captures ALL over-the-air: Bluetooth low energy packets, fully synchronized and time stamped, in the 2.4 GHz band
• Analyze Multiple Piconets: Intuitive analysis of multiple wireless devices and connections
• Capture Now, Decrypt Later: Every Bluetooth channel captured concurrently for decryption and analysis at any time
• Easy, Powerful, and Intuitive: Analyze and troubleshoot captured data using Frontline’s software and views
• Fully Configurable: Software defined radio architecture is ready for future Bluetooth updates
• Small Footprint for portability and easy of use
• Built-in Attenuation for conductive (wired) sniffing in noisy environments
• Mesh technology: supports CSRMesh and Bluetooth mesh technology
Frontline supports all latest adopted Bluetooth specifications, profiles and protocols. You can see a complete set of new, updated, and pending specifications, profiles and protocols on the the Bluetooth SIG website. Frontline also supports some of the emerging profiles and protocols to take advantage of the ongoing advances in wireless communications.
Sodera LE covers all of these specifications which belong to the new Bluetooth LE category, ie. which are not based on BR/ EDR capabilities (Bluetooth Classic).
- Bluetooth 4.0;
- Bluetooth 4.1;
- Bluetooth 4.2;
- Bluetooth 5
• Alert Notification
• Automation IO
• Blood Pressure Monitor
• Current Time
• Cycling Speed and Cadence
• Device Information
• DST Change
• Find Me
• Generic Access Profile
• Generic Attribute Profile
• Health Thermometer
• Heart Rate Monitor
• HID over GATT
• Immediate Alert
• Link Loss Alert
• Network Availability
• Phone Alert Status
• Pulse Oximiter
• Reference Time Update
• Runners Speed and Cadence
• Scan Parameters
• Tx Power
• CSRMesh (specs are a work in progress)
• Bluetooth Mesh (specs are a work in progress)
State: June 2017.
To run the current version of Frontline protocol analysis software (included):
Processor: Core i5 at 2.7 GHz
RAM: 4GB RAM
Free HDD: 20GB hard disk space
OS Supported: Windows 7, Windows 8.x and Windows 10
Connector: USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 High Speed
Note: the measuring PC itself is not included.
Dimensions: 160 mm W x47 mm H x159 mm L (6.3” X 1.9” X 6.3” )
Weight: 1.3 kg (2.87 lb)
Humidity: Operating: 0% - 90% (0 °C – 35 °C), non-condensing
Temperature: 0 °C to +40 °C (32 °F to +104 °F)
Power Input: 9 VDC (tip positive)
Max Power: 12 W
Timestamp resolution: 250ns
|RF Input →||Radiated||Conducted|
|Max input signal||27 dBm||27 dBm|
|Max usable signal||-10 dBm||27 dBm|
|Frequency range||2401 - 2481 MHz||2401 - 2481 MHz|
|Impedance||50 Ω||50 Ω|
|2 Mbps||-96.9 dBm|
|1 Mbps||-93.3 dBm|
|500 Kbps||-103.0 dBm|
|125 Kbps||-106.8 dBm|
Focused SODERA variants